Porting Android 3X honeycomb on various tablets have quite become common nowadays. Majority of these Honeycomb ports have been continously coming from XDA, while Toshiba Folio 100 isn’t an exception. This time a precedential Android hacker and developer from XDA forums Mr.Dexter_nlb as made the initial yet the first ever Honeycomb ROM for Folio 100 by uniting the works of developers.
Things you’ll need to suffer
Similar to every other unmature Honeycomb port, this port also packs bugs and neccessitates a number of fixes straight off. While certainly it all counts on how monumentally development occcurs, though users can have still taste the initial flavor of Honeycomb on their tablets. Below are the glitches that you will have to face while running this ported honeycomb on your tablet:
- Power Button will stop to Response
- Majority of the Market Apps will not be installed
- Bug in sleep mode
- Some Sensors will not function
- Keyboard and Dock Glitch
Still if you think that you understand the risks that are included in flashing this custom and partial functioning Honeycomb build on Toshiba Folio 100, then follow the guide below:
Things that you will be needing:
1. A rooted Toshiba Folio 100 with custom Recovery installed. If your device isn’t rooted then you can root it with SuperOneClick rooting application from here: and then install unofficial ClockWorkMod Recovery from here: ..
2. A Folio 3X Jason Voorhes version Custom Android Honeycomb ROM
How To Install Honeycomb Custom ROM On Toshiba Folio 100 from here:
1. The initial step is to make sure that you have proper root on your tablet along with ClockworkMod Recovery Installed.
2. Now download Folio 3X Honeycomb Custom ROM provided in What You Need section above.
3. Once you are done with downloading the ROM file, download and install ROM Manager on your phone. Please only use ClockworkMod Recovery as we will be using ROM Manager to boot in CWM later.
4. Now connect your Folio 100 to the computer, mount SD Card as USB disk drive and copy the downloaded ROM zip file to SD Card root.
5. After you have downloaded and installed ROM Manager, launch the app from homescreen and tap on Reboot Into Recovery.
6. Once you are in Recovery mode, navigate down to Wipe Data and select Wipe Data / Factory Reset Option.
7. Now once your tab is factory reset, go to Recovery main menu and select Install Zip From SD Card.
8. In the resulting menu, select Folio3x.zip and press OK to install.
9. Now sit back and relax while the installation takes place.
10. Once the procedure is over, reboot your device.
Now you can taste the flavor of Honeycomb on your Folio 100 with glitches, bugs and bloats integrated, though. For fruther assistance, visit the official XDA thread posted here: