Good news for folks who own a Verizon HTC Droid incredible and want to remove Data Cap or Data Throttling after consuming the assigned limit consumption. -wildstang83- from XDA developer’s forum has unconfined the Data Throttle Remover for Droid Incredible handsets with root. While hacking data throttling from diverse careers isn’t quite innovative but this mod surely is exceptional with a dissimilar edition for main custom ROMs.
The hack actually targets the services.jar file in your phone’s system / framework that lets limitless data access. Rather than just that this hack is a programmed script, therefore you simply have to flash it and it will function as it should. We can besides take for granted that this mod for eliminating Data Throttling from Droid Incredible is secure as the developer still has to spot a device that got broken because of this.
The standard edition of this mod is attuned with nearly all custom ROM for Droid Incredible. While some users have also reported that this mod for removing data cap does boost the speed performance of the data services too.
Even though the mod will function on any custom ROM for Droid Incredible, however below is the roll of ROMs that this mod has been systematically tested on:
- CyanogenMod 7 Stable
- Evo Shift GingerSense Custom ROM
- Kingdom Gingerbread ROM
- Stock Froyo Builds
Move on to the requirements and the guide:
Things you will need:
- Download Data Throttle Remover according to your custom ROM. All the links together with ROM details are present in XDA thread posted here.
- A Rooted Droid Incredible
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your Droid Incredible
- Download Data Throttle Remover zip file, compatible with your custom ROM, from link provided in requirements section.
- Once done, download and install ROM Manager from Android Market.
- After the installation of ROM Manager is complete, launch the app from your homescreen and tap on first option to install ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x.
- Now connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card as disk drive and copy the downloaded Remove Data Throttle zip file to SD Card root.
- Once done, reboot your phone in recovery mode. You can either do it through button combination or use ROM Manager for Recovery reboot.
- Now once you are in Recovery mode, navigate to Install Zip from SD Card and select to flash Remove Data Throttle zip file from resulting menu.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- After the process is complete, reboot your device.