How to Install Android Emulator for Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, Mac & PC
This is not a tough thing to guess that the official Android emulator is originated from none other than Google itself. By installing this emulator you are easily enabled to run one or more instances of Android on Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP PC, each one inside a window, in an isolated standalone virtual Android machine. The installation process is quiet clumsy which requires a number of steps and hard disk space.
Mainly the Android Developers use this Android Emulator so as to test their development computer, because it comes integrated with the Android SDK (Software Development Kit) including readily available debugging and customizing options, much needed by them to test each App into different Android operative systems and environments.
Also you have to keep in mind that Android Emulator installation and configuration requires a bit of expertise.
Following is the guide for the users for Installing Android Emulator:
Initially as a requirement, you need to download and install the Java SDK language, from Oracle.
As once you have done with it then you have to download the Android SDK installer, which can be found in here. You can download different versions of the Android SDK, including the Android Emulator, each one for different PC environments: Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP , Mac OS and Linux. Once downloaded, you execute the SDK installation.
After installation of the SDK, launch the “SDK Manager” (sdkmanager.exe) through which you will be displayed with a configuration screen that will allow you to download and install some needed packages (the different Android OS that later you will be able to run into your Android emulator). Right at the manager startup, a popup will appear where you just press the “INSTALL” option, as the needed basic packages are already preselected.
Once all these things are installed, which may take a considerable amount of time even hours which definitely depends upon your internet connection, you are then ready to create and configure one or more Android Emulator machines on your PC
Now let’s have a look to it that how to Create an Android Emulator Machine
From the SDK Manager you select from the top menu TOOLS, the option “Manage AVDs”. A New window will pop-up with the currently created Android Emulator machines, if you have, and at the right you have the option of creating a new Android Emulator machine.
- On pressing NEW, to create a new Android emulator, you will be displayed with another window asking you first to name the Android Emulator. Like for example, we will type “My Android Emulator”.
- Afterward you need to select from the Target drop-down list the specific Android OS that will be preinstalled on it. Scroll down to the bottom and select the newest Android available. In our example, we will select Android 4.0.3.
- Now you have to create a virtual SD memory card where the android previously selected will reside. Just make it big enough for it to work. In our case we will write 512 on the SD Card Size parameter, and leave it at “MB”.
- Now you need to select a virtual screen resolution. For example, we will leave it at the default selection which is WVGA800.
Now simply everything is set. Now what you need is just to press the Create AVD button on the low-right side of this window, and the Android SDK will turn out into the Android Emulator list of yours, your recent creation. Once there, you select it and press START to get it running. It may take some minutes to start up, but you will end with a virtual Android Emulator running inside a window in your PC.
Incoming search terms:
- android emulator for WIndows 8
- android emulator windows 8
- android emulator for windows 7
- Windows 8 Android Emulator
- android emulator for windows
- android simulator for windows 8
- how to install android on windows 8
- android emulators for windows 8
- android emulator for windows vista
Tags: Android Emulator, Create an Android Emulator machine, Download, How to, How to Create an Android Emulator machine, Install Android Emulator on PC, Linux, MAC, PC, Windows, Windows 7, Windows 8, xp