How to Enable Automatic Scan of Removable Drives in Windows 8
Windows 8 users might have experienced that the Windows Defender does not scan the removable drives whether it is USB drive or some SD card. But you can change it and let the program scan removable drives as well. You can enable this automatic scanning of removable drives just by making a quick and simple change to it.
Windows Defender is the built-in antivirus scanning tool for Windows 8. For enabling scanning for removable drives with Windows Defender first of all you have to open Windows Defender, this can be easily done by typing “Windows Defender” into the Start Screen to search for the application.
Once you have opened Windows Defender then switch to Settings Tab.
In the settings tab find Advanced Settings Option present at left. There you will find an option “Scan Removable Drives”, check mark this option.
Once you have enabled this option then afterwards whenever you connect any USB drive or any other removable drive it will get scanned automatically.
Incoming search terms:
- how to enable scanning on windows 8
- How to scan an USB drive with Windows 8
- how to scan my pendrive in windows 8 1 with windows defender
- How to scan pendrive automatically by windows defender
- windows 8 automatic drive scanning
- windows 8 usb hardware scan automatic
- windows defender automatic scan windows 8
- windows defender scan rermovable drive
- windows defender turn-on auto removable scan